Aerial Yoga, Flying Yoga Canggu, Bali
If you are curious about new styles of Yoga and have decided to explore different ways of practicing, you are welcome to attend one of our classes in Canggu and Seminyak.
Come and attend one of our classes in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
What is Aerial Yoga or Flying Yoga?
Aerial yoga or Flying Yoga is a type of yoga that is done while suspended from a hammock or fabric. It is considered to be a more challenging form of yoga, as it requires more core strength and stability.
Aerial yoga can also be a more relaxing form of yoga, as the hammock or fabric supports the body and allows for deeper stretching.
This yoga form is suitable for all levels of yoga practitioners, from beginners to advanced.
B.K.S. Iyengar (1918–2014), who created the Iyengar style of yoga, is mainly responsible for this prop-based flying yoga practice., but was not the official creator. It has been officially developed around 2006
He used to suspend his students from the ceiling in yoga swings and use the blocks, straps, blankets, and rope walls you might find at many studios.
The swings of old did not like the vibrant silk hammocks of today. They were frequently only made of ropes and padded with blankets or yoga mats.
Around 2011, the term “aerial yoga” and the yoga hammock, which is a single, long piece of fabric, first appeared.
Today, aerial yoga establishments and instructors with aerial yoga training are available worldwide.
How to start your Aerial Yoga or Flying Yoga practice?
Choose the right Yoga studio
When choosing a location for your aerial yoga practice, it is important to find a space that is clean, well-ventilated, and free from any obstacles. If you are practicing at home, make sure to clear away any furniture or other items that could get in the way
Set Up Your Hammock
Before you begin your aerial yoga practice, it is important to set up your hammock or fabric correctly. Make sure that the fabric is securely attached to a support, such as a ceiling beam or doorframe. The fabric should be tight, but not so tight that it is difficult to move around in.
Warm Up First
Before you start your aerial yoga practice, it is important to warm up your body first. A simple way to do this is to take a few minutes to do some gentle stretches on the ground. This will help to prepare your muscles and joints for the more challenging yoga poses that you will be doing in the air.
When you are first starting out with aerial yoga, it is important to take things slowly. Start with simple
poses and moves that you are comfortable with. As you become more comfortable with the practice,
you can gradually add more challenging poses to your routine.
What will you need to start your Aerial Yoga or Flying Yoga practice?
To start your Aerial Yoga practice, you will need the following:
- A hammock: You can purchase an aerial yoga hammock or make your own using a length of
- Ceiling hooks: These will be used to suspend the hammock from the ceiling.
- Yoga mat: A regular yoga mat can be used, or you can purchase a special aerial yoga mat.
Finally, ensure that the ceiling hooks are securely installed and that the hammock is properly attached before beginning your practice.
5 Health Benefits of Aerial Yoga or Flying Yoga
- Improves flexibility: Aerial yoga is a great way to improve your flexibility, as it involves many deep stretching muscles.
- Strengthening muscles: Not only does aerial yoga involve stretching, but it also requires you to support your body weight, which can help strengthen your muscles.
- Improves balance and coordination: Aerial yoga also helps to improve your balance and coordination, as you need to be able to control your body while you are suspended in the air.
- Relieves stress and tension: Aerial yoga can be very relaxing, as it takes the pressure off your joints and muscles. It can also help to relieve stress and tension as you focus on your breath and let go of your worries.
- Boosts energy levels: Aerial yoga can be a great way to boost your energy levels, as it is an invigorating and uplifting workout.
The Final Note: How Aerial Yoga or Flying Yoga is different from other yoga styles?
Aerial yoga is a relatively new form of yoga that has been gaining popularity in recent years.
Although it incorporates the same asanas because it’s performed in the air, the level of challenge increases and makes you more mentally as well as physically strong.
These days, there are numerous yoga types to choose from, each with its own special advantages.
But, with its therapeutic and restorative-style health benefits, aerial yoga can be immensely accessible for people who are suffering from chronic body pain.
Aerial Yoga or Flying Yoga in Bali, Canggu, and Seminyak
If you want to discover new horizons and try new styles of Yoga in Bali, come and practice with us. ADDA YOGA in Bali offers many classes and different Yoga styles to deepen your practice.
We have regular Aerial or Flying Yoga classes in Canggu and Seminyak Come and visit our Yoga studio!
Come and join us in Bali, Canggu, Seminyak for our classes and aerial yoga workshops !